Club Feature: Best Buddies

David Miller

TMHS – Of all the extracurricular activities and clubs offered to students at Tewksbury Memorial High School, the Best Buddies Program is a one of the most popular and rewarding for everyone who is involved. The club has a great goal of creating opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental differences and they also do a great job of creating new friendships.

The Best Buddies Program accepts all students who want to create new friendships and bonds with other students who have learning differences. The program offers rewarding experiences for everyone involved. This awesome program runs all year and has tons of fun events. Some of these events include Halloween and other themed parties and Bowling Challenges at Wamesit Lanes. Additionally, every year the members of Best Buddies all have a great time at the Best Buddies Prom. This past year the prom was a huge success and was a ton of fun. Lastly, there will be an upcoming Holiday Party around Christmas time so, if you are looking to have a fun time, talk to Alex Sousa the President of the club.

Not only does this club allow all students to get to know each other, but it creates friendships outside of school as well. Every person in the Best Buddies Program is paired with another buddy who they can reach out to and hang out with at anytime. The club really does a great job at creating new friendships for people with intellectual and developmental differences. Alex Sousa says, “Everyone in the program always has a lot of fun with the events we set up and it’s great to see new friendships form for everyone who participates in the club.”

Sousa also stated, “There is no reason not to join. The club is fun for everyone and it is a very rewarding experience and you make some awesome friends in your time with the Best Buddies Club.” The club is always welcome to new members who are interested in joining so if you are looking for a fun club to join, give Best Buddies a look.