Student of the Week: Zach Lalonde

David Miller

As you walk through the halls in between classes you may often an extremely tall and blonde man walking by. Up until recently, I have not spoken to this student but due to some mutual friends, I have gotten to know this outgoing, charismatic, and athletic Tewksbury Memorial High School (TMHS) student. For those of you who have not figured out who I am talking about yet, you should really take the time to get to know Zach Lalonde.

Zach Lalonde is involved in the culture of TMHS in many ways such as participation in Track and Soccer and by being a great classmate. He even took time out of his very busy school day to let me interview him so I can share his personality. Through this interview, I got to know more about Zach personally, and also what he aspires to be.

Q:​ ​Do you have any hobbies outside of school? What are they?

Lalonde: Fishing and Track! Fishing and Track all day! Everyday I can, I go out and catch the big ones. And for track, I’m always on that grind.

Q: What is your biggest goal for 2019?

Lalonde: That would be to make it to New England’s for track, specifically hurdles. That is a big goal of mine.

Q:​ ​Do you play any sports? What position do you play?

Lalonde: I do play track, and I think I’m pretty decent at it. I am also play soccer as well and I also think I am pretty decent at that. I play forward in soccer and sometimes goalie.

Q: On a scale of 1-10, how difficult is school right now?

Lalonde: This Junior year, it’s probably like a 5. I’m in two honors classes, not too difficult and next term probably won’t be difficult either.

Q: Who is your favorite teacher and why?

Lalonde: Either John Byrnes or Peter Molloy. Both of them I am very friendly with and very inspiring. They give me life tips all the time and help me through everything I need.

Q: Who is an upperclassman or a peer that you looked/look up to?

Lalonde: There is a lot of them, but the most inspiring one has to be Colby Wilson. He’s been my friend since Freshman year and he has put a lot of personality into me that I didn’t know I had. He has taught me a lot of stuff. Great man.

Q: How has track affected you in a positive or negative way?

Lalonde: Track allows me to do a lot of stuff outside of school and stops me from getting into bad things. And also, it keeps in shape and keeps me healthy so I can actually function.

Q: Who is one teacher or coach that you have had that has had an impact on your life?
Lalonde: Peter Molly all day! That man… he doesn’t know it but he teaches me life tips all the time and teaches me to be humble. All of the above. Be a nice kid. He is also a phenomenal coach and takes so much time out of his day to make sure we get better.

Q: What is the biggest lesson you have learned in high school so far?

Lalonde: You know what? It may be corny, but it is ‘to be yourself.’ Just carry yourself through everything and eventually people will start to like you.

Q: What are your top 3 TV shows?

Lalonde:
1. Game of Thrones         2. Breaking Bad          3. Daredevil

Q: Who is your favorite musical artist? Some songs by that artist?

Lalonde: “I don’t really listen to specific artists, I just kind of go around but the most songs out of one person is Luke Combs. Got to get some country in there.”

Q: What is your favorite restaurant to eat ar and what do you get there?

Lalonde: I think it’s the classic 99’s. They have some great food there. The people are nice and they will get you your food in and out the way you want it. I usually get any type of burger. I will eat down a burger any day of the week!

Q: What is your outlook for Senior year? Any plans for college?

Lalonde: Just get through it, go on to college and do good in track. No plans for college yet but I hope to get recruited somewhere for track.

Q: What are your thoughts on Junior year so far?

Lalonde: You know it is easier than I expected? People kept saying it is the hardest year but I do not really see that. Maybe because I am not taking any AP classes.

Q: Biggest accomplishment of high school so far?

Lalonde: It has to relate to sports and making All-States Sophomore year. It was a defining moment for me.