Student of the Week: Alex Cashell

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student of the Week: Alex Cashell

Sarah McQuaid

Alex is a sophomore in the Tewksbury Memorial High School Community, who is well loved by many of his friends and has a bright view of the future.

How was your second year of high school?

My freshman year was a lot more fun, but sophomore year is still a lot better than any of my elementary or middle school years. I feel like it is crawling by. Hopefully third term will be a bit faster.

Are there any classes that you really enjoyed?

I absolutely loved World Lit. The books, for the most part, are interesting. Analysis is one of my strengths, and I feel at ease in class.

What about World Lit made it such a good class?

Bourgoin is one of my favorite teachers. He treats students like actual people which makes things flow easier. I think he is the most respectful teacher that I have had.

Did you join any clubs that you especially enjoyed?

This year I joined crew for The Outsiders, I thoroughly enjoyed building, painting, and making friends with others.

Would you recommend crew to others?

Drama club is a gateway to new experiences and friendships. Everyone should try it at least once.

Do you have any after-school hobbies?

My main hobby is playing guitar.

What made you become interested in playing guitar?

When I was younger, I always had a special connection with music, but in fifth grade is when I finally took initiative. I remember watching Green Day on TV being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The show they put on absolutely amazed me, and from that moment I’ve known what I wanted to do.

What have you found to be the most difficult part of high school up to this point?

I think that the most difficult part of high school is time management. I just got a job, I have midterms coming up and drivers ed starts next week. I honestly have no clue what I am going to do, but I’ll figure it out. Also, math is pretty hard, but that’s always been hard.

What are you excited about for this upcoming Junior year?

I’m excited to drive myself places and be in more control of the classes I take. The only thing that scares me is the fact that I’m getting older and I’m halfway done with high school now.