Good Day or Bad?

The ups and downs of high school for teenagers

Madison Robillard

High school is known to be the best of times and the worst of times. Students spend an average of 720 days in high school and in that time they are able to determine if the day they have started is going to be a good one or a not so good one.

As sophomore Emma Fleming said her good days would include , “Thursday or Friday; I have second lunch; no history; the day is going by fast; it’s the day before a geometry quiz so it is basically a free block.” She also told me that her bad day would include, “I woke up thinking it was Wednesday, it’s Tuesday; I have history; no friends in my lunch; I forgot about the test today, I did not study; they serve Mac and cheese at lunch but I brought a lunch.”

Andrew Bielecki, junior, says his good days would include, “Easiest classes; I get to see my friends; rehearsal; no work; not much or little homework; time to myself after school.” And his bad days go like, “Most demanding classes; really busy late shift at work; don’t really talk to friends; going to bed super late; generally just over stressed.”

Nicole Jo, a girl who did attend TMHS for her freshman year, said her ideal good day would be, “When I do better than expected on a test; chill with friends; or just having a drama free day!” And her bad day would be, “ Doing worse than you expected on a test; when your friends don’t pull up to school so you’re #alone.”

Sophomore, Zach Connolly, says, “Well good day would have like a quiet-ish morning and a nice breakfast. Talking to friends and having no arguments or problems come up and the school day goes fast. I have a nice easy practice or the practice goes good (or workout). I don’t get any homework and just get to chill at home watch tv and text friends. Maybe play some video games and have a dinner that I like even a little.” And the for the bad, “Bad, the morning is super irritable, it’s loud and breakfast is burnt. The school day is slow and I have classes I mainly don’t like. My friends put me in a bad mood with constant arguing or annoyances. Practice or workout is terrible and long and I just wanna go home. I get home late, I have a ton of homework and no downtime. Dinner is something I don’t really like such as meatloaf or chicken pot pie.”

Another sophomore at TMHS, Olivia Burns, says, “In a good day I probably wouldn’t either have chem or English and I’d wake up on time and get ready. My mom would drive me and Cat. And I’d walk with my friends and talk to Galusha. There wouldn’t be a lot of drama and I wouldn’t get a ton of homework.” And her bad day only consists of, “Dealing with people’s drama and having a test.”

Keegan Hannan, sophomore, only gave his opinion for one, “Good days are when I don’t have my parents on me 24/7 to do everything in the world and when I have nothing I could procrastinate because if there is something it’s no good.”

From what I judged most high schoolers have similar things that cause them to have a bad day. Whether it’s the Monday vibe or getting a bad test grade. The good days are what count though. The days with no drama and no homework. But it even though most answers were similar, people are still different.

Good and bad days can only be judged by the people having them. One person’s horrible day could be another perfect day, the equivalent to “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure”. It all depends on the person. But everyone needs to have a few bad days for them to be able to appreciate the good ones.