Get To Know The Student: Nicole Stephens

Julia Devlin

Nicole Stephens is a current senior at Tewksbury Memorial High School. She is involved in Peer leadership and continues her streak of being on the honor roll throughout all of her high school career. She spends her time hanging out with friends and working at the Tewksbury Country Club.

What are your interests outside of school?

“Dance and basketball because I have been dancing since I was 2 years old and I have always been interested in basketball, it’s kind of an outlet.”

Do you participate in any school clubs?

“I’m part of the peer leadership club.”

Why do you like being apart of that club?

“It allows me to get involved with my school community and help underclassmen on their high school journey.”

Do you have any plans coming up that you’re looking forward to?

“I’m going to a Red Sox game tonight and I’ve never been to one before.”

Do you have any siblings?

“Yeah I have one sister and we never used to get along until a couple years ago, but now that we do, I enjoy having a sibling.”

What is your job outside of school?

“I work at the Tewksbury Country Club.”

Do you enjoy it?

“Not at all, not in the slightest. I enjoy the people aspect because I like meeting new people, but it’s long hours and you don’t get a break and it’s just a lot on your body.”

What are you interested in majoring in for college?

“I’m interested in double majoring in Political Science and National Security with a potential minor in Psychology, but only time will tell.”

Do you have any pets?

“Yes, I just bought a fish on Monday, his name is Swim Shady and he’s yellow and he looks like Eminem when he dyed his hair blonde.”

What is your favorite color and why?

“My favorite color is orange because it’s underrated and I think more people should appreciate it.”

Who’s your role model?

“My mom, Colleen, because she does a lot for me and I look up to her.”

In talking to Nicole, I learned a lot about her that I hadn’t before. She is a hard worker and very focused on her tasks at hand. Nicole also has very interesting names for her pets which is one of my favorite things that she revealed to me. Thank you for taking the time to do the interview Nicole and for continuously being active in school activities.